- Pavement Maintenance Systems (Michigan)
- Imlay City, MI, USA
- Seasonal - Full Time
The traffic control regulator/labor (TCR/L) reports to the Foreman to receive daily instructions. The TCR/L can expect to fill any laborer's position (traffic control, box-man, hook-man). They may also be assigned to any and all jobs that would support the crew he/she may be qualified to perform.
1. Transport and drive equipment to and from job sites in a safe and timely manner
2. Perform all TCR/L duties in a safe and timely manner in compliance with all MIOSHA and company policies
3. Report to work properly dressed, and ready for work at the assigned time and work location.
4. TCR/L will wear all required compliant safety equipment
5. TCR/L will be required to perform all tasks assigned by the job foreman/supervisor in a safe & timely manner and within compliance of MIOSHA and company standards.
6. Get detailed plan from the foreman of that day's scope of work and requirements.
7. Make sure all required tools are clean and in good working condition for the day.
8. Make sure all safety covers, grates and chains are properly attached.
9. Clean and maintain ALL vehicles and equipment daily to a high standard of cleanliness.
10. TCR/L are responsible for all job preparation inclusive of but not limited to: street cleaning and preparation, covering manholes, survey stations, curb drains and gutterpan.
11. Box-man will also be responsible to make sure box settings are correct for proper application rate, maintenance of box rubbers, Mopping seams, spreading and clean-up of excess material, clean and maintain spreader box and hand tools.
12. Hook-man will also be responsible to check and grease all fittings, ensure that the paver, cement hopper and hoses are clean and that all security latches are in good working order. Adjust conveyor belt, check and empty belly pan, ensure all hoses are properly connected and disconnected to/from the support truck and continuous paver and to maintain aggregate, oil and water levels in order to maintain non-interrupted paving operation. Ensure that all valves are safely and properly secured prior to disconnection from the support vehicle.
13. Traffic Control Regulators are responsible for properly setting up and tearing down and maintaining all sign arrow boards, cones and any other traffic control devises as per State and local specifications. Maintain traffic control procedures as directed by the Uniform Traffic Control Regulations in a safe manner.
14. Train others to operate assigned equipment.
15. Other duties as assigned by the Foreman or Supervision.
Must have a valid Chauffer license. Clean driving record.
Good interpersonal communication, strong communication skills
Ability to work overtime, nights and weekends as needed
Ability to complete and maintain accurate records.
Proficient in spoken and written English.
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
High School Diploma or equivalency preferred.
Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather.
Must take and pass the MDOT traffic control regulators class and become certified.
The employer requires drug testing of every employee before hiring. We use E-verify to document that each new employee is authorized to work in the United States.