- Pavement Maintenance Systems (Michigan)
- Imlay City, MI, USA
- Seasonal - Full Time
The Assistant Foreman / Field Technician will be responsible for supporting and assisting the Foreman and Operations Manager in the day to day operations at Pavement Maintenance Systems. This includes, but is not limited to, creating a safety culture, coordinating job site activities and materials and completing required reports.
- Aid in communication of the daily plan and related changes in plan with all on-site employees
- Assist in the coordination of activities for specified projects to ensure all costs, schedule, quality, and safety objectives and standards are met and that proper materials are stocked and available to achieve those objectives and standards
- Act as a key contributor in building a safety culturel and ensuring employee compliance with company safety policies and procedures as well as coordinating and assisting facilitation of weekly safety meetings
- Assume Foreman duties for specified projects or, when requested, in the absence of the acting Foreman
- Responsible for collecting time cards/logbooks, verifying time worked and entering time into the time system
- Accountable for completing gathering and reporting daily equipment usage and weekly fuel usage, in addition to completing the daily production report
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of construction principles, techniques and procedures strongly preffered
- Ability to read contract plans and specifications
- Must demonstrate strong leadership and teamwork skills
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written communication) with management, staff and outside entities
- Safety consciousness
- Basic computer knowledge required, including Microsoft Office Suite
Experience, Education and Other Requirements
- Willingness and ability to travel and work overtime, when needed
- Must possess a chauffer's license or obtain a chauffer's license within specified time after being hired
- Must have history of safe driving record
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must pass a criminal background check, routine physical and drug screen
- Physical Requirements Include: Ability to safely walk, stand, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, see and hear. Reasonable accomodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employees will be expected to work in a variety of work environments, inclusive of, but not exclusive to: Office, meeting room, outdoors and in a variety of mobile equipment. Employees will be required to be exposed to the outside weather conditions at job sites. Weather conditions may inlcude: humidity, cold, heat, sun and wet conditions. Employees must be tolerant of the dust and noise level caused by equipment, traffic, etc. at job sites that may be unusually heavy/loud.
Pavement Maintenance Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and benefits packages based on the candidate's education and experience.