The laborer/maintenance (2nd shift) will primarily be accountable for plant up keeping, including daily shoveling and sweeping. The laborer/maintenance may operate plant equipment in order to maintain daily production of the plant. When the plant is not running, the Laborer will also assist in performing plant repairs and maintenance, and other plant duties.
Duties & Responsibilites:
- Maintain plant maintenance including but not limited to daily shoveling, sweeping, general plant housekeeping, and any necessary repairs or services to mobile and stationary equipment.
- Service and maintain heavy equipment including loaders, skid steers, and haul trucks in order to keep the plant clean and in production.
- Responsible for fueling, oiling, greasing equipment as well as understanding the equipment's safety manual.
- Perform pre-shift and end of shift checks and maintenance on equipment
- Ensure the proper safety incident procedures and reporting processes are followed, bringing safety concerns to the attention of the Plant Manager.
- Communicate with management and staff on conditions of stationary and mobile equipment, as well as any possible improvements or ideas.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to service all stationary equipment units with the help of service and OEM manuals
- Must have the skills and safety mindset to work in close proximity with Crane and Boom trucks
- Problem solving skills
- Self-motivation and team orientation
- Ability to be trained to complete tasks in a safe and effective manner
- Use gas or electrical welding equipment to weld, braze, and or cut
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Determine proper rod selection for welding either ferrous or non-ferrous material
- Must have the ability to fabricate components from instructions on blueprints
- Have the ability to repair bearings, speed reducers, shafts, pulleys, couplings, sheaves, and belts
- Have the ability to repair crushing, screening, and conveying equipment
- Must maintain regular, dependable attendance and a high level of performance
- Follow written and verbal directions to complete assigned tasks on schedule.
- Read, write, and communicate in English & understand basic math.
- Working knowledge of US Aggregates Safety and Operating principles
- Complete all applicable documentation, recordkeeping and daily inventory.
- Participate in safety briefings, job briefings, and any other pass on information from team members, management or customer.
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction and follow work rules, as well as, take on additional job responsibilities as needed or assigned.
- Flexibility required; ability to work days, nights, weekends.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company standards, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Must possess and exhibit excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently to get things done.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have the ability to continuously stand or walk on level or uneven ground.
- Must have the ability to ascend and descend railcars, ladders, stairways and incline catwalks.
- Must have the ability to bend, crouch and/or kneel at waist or knees.
- Must have the ability to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work outside majority of the time and withstand extreme weather conditions. Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions caused by the weather.
Hours are currently 3-11pm. Hours will possibly adjust with the season.