Serves as benefits functional administrator for the PeopleSoft Human Resources Information System (HRIS). This position supports the benefits processes for all company locations and is responsible for business requirements, project planning, and collaboration with end users and technical resources to resolve business and system issues; while ensuring data integrity and system performance. In addition, this role will be responsible for leading projects and process improvements initiatives associated with HR processes. This position will work very closely with HR Administrators and some duties may be shared in support of the overall team objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
1) Maintain all benefit contribution coding, benefit plan premiums, reports, and benefit interfaces custom files with payroll, the benefit vendors, and in the HRIS/payroll system.
2) Assist in the review, testing and implementation of HRIS system upgrades and patches as they relate to benefits processing.
3) Troubleshoot system operations for HRIS end users. Identify user needs and recommend alternatives. Provide analysis in implementing changes and development of new functionality.
4) Work closely with payroll staff and utilize understanding of payroll and HR system processes to determine impact on benefits functionality. Perform and oversee scheduled activities related to benefits during payroll processing.
5) Act as a liaison between technical team and other HR Professionals to translate business requirements into application specifications. Work with technical team to research, resolve and test resolutions to operational issues.
6) Write, maintain and support a variety of reports and/or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Assist in the development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs.
7) Researches regulations and ensures legal compliance of all benefits programs (HIPPA, COBRA, ERISA, IRS, PPACA, etc.) and shares learnings with HR Administrator(s).
8) Responds to HR-related questions via email, in person and by phone as tier 2 support resource.
9) Supports cyclical HR processes/projects and cross-functional HR initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in HR) or applicable experience in benefit and compensation plans, leave management, policy and HR cyclical processes for a mid-size organization.
- Minimum of 2-3 years functional experience with PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP or other relational database-based HRIS application required.
- Strong working knowledge of PeopleSoft BenAdmin module, including in-depth understanding of the inner workings preferred. (i.e. eligibility and event rules, event processing and Benefit Program control tables)
- Strong knowledge of benefits and ability to communicate plan features. Has current knowledge of FMLA, COBRA, HIPAA and the Affordable Care Act.
- Proficiency with database software, Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and HRIS systems.
- Strong computer skills working with Microsoft office including Excel, Outlook, Word and Power Point
- Highly detail driven with emphasis on accuracy, coupled with the ability to think broadly.
- Proven organizational skills with an ability to prioritize work in an environment with competing demands.
- Demonstrates self-awareness and desire to develop personal capabilities
- Ability to hold themselves to high standards
- Courage to take initiative in unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances.
- Ability to communicate across multiple levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated creative thinking and problem solving, specifically in the area of improving process efficiency.
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and a high degree of integrity