- Human Resources
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Comprehensive Benefits Package
Who you are:
We need a world-class communicator to help us tell The Heritage Group story by connecting in a two- way dialogue with employees and stakeholders in our family of companies.
- You'll have found yourself constantly achieving new standards by thinking differently; by ignoring conventional wisdoms and finding new solutions to difficult problems.
- You'll be connecting teams across geographies, businesses and functions in a way that engages all in the conversation.
- You'll find commitment to understanding The Heritage Group's businesses, industries and markets around them
- You'll be meticulous with detail and able to organize yourself effectively while leading several pressing tasks at once.
- You'll know what it means to have taken responsibility for a large project, from planning stages through to successful execution.
- You'll love working with people with a diverse range of skills and backgrounds; and you'll never be afraid to ask questions in a crowded room if it means learning something new.
- You'll be building a sustainable foundation for our future dialogue across the world.
- Most of all you'll be a natural storyteller, through one medium or another - whether it be in an article, newsletter or by creating original content that cuts through the noisy clutter.
What you will do:
Communications Strategy Development, Management, and Implementation:
- Provides advice and counsel to internal clients and senior leadership, offering recommendations on communication strategy, content, schedules, and deliverables.
- Actively recommends and proposes strategic enhancements to communications vehicles to improve overall communications consistency and effectiveness within The Heritage Group.
- Works closely with Senior Leadership and other key stakeholders to develop and implement cross-functional communications.
- Continually evaluates, monitors, and improves communications.
- Serves as team lead on high-priority initiatives, improving the internal communication process.
- Serves as managing editor for day-to-day communications, providing communications and editorial guidance. To include corporate printed materials, intranet, external internet and social media.
- Create, track and analyze communication metrics measuring growth in usage, effectiveness of communication strategy, etc.
IC Writing and Editing
- Writes scripts and collaborates on communications plans for the Executive Team
- Researches and drafts speeches, remarks, and internal communications for Senior Leadership as required, such as organizational announcements and quarterly update presentations.
- Drafts sensitive or confidential organizational announcements and communications.
- Maintains quality standard across all communication methods.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Communication or similar area of study.
- Up to 5 years of communication or marketing/branding experience.
- Demonstrated success managing employee communications channels including intranet, email, video, blogs, etc.
- Strong record of social media management and content development across global channels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data, draw insightful conclusions and recommend creative solutions
- Have a broad orientation and interest in the Midwest.
- Be experienced at using various tools to deliver a message, be it infographics, animations, videos or the written word.
- Be able to work cross functionally and build relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Be capable and confident to coach and teach as we build our communications strategy.
- Be an entrepreneurial self-starter who comes up with new approaches and is eager to try those out.
- Demonstrate a high-level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Multilingual capability a plus.